Position Overview: The Accounting Manager/Registrar will support NAPEO’s mission and strategic plan by ensuring a seamless purchase process for NAPEO’s members/customers and facilitating the receipt and proper accounting of NAPEO’s revenue.
- Solid customer service philosophy with emphasis on problem solving and exceeding customer expectations.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting practices and concepts.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with technology, including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with association management systems (MemberSuite) and QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and members.
- Bachelor’s degree with major (or coursework) in accounting or finance, or Associates Degree in Accounting.
- One to three years’ professional experience, ideally in an association setting.
- Minimal travel required – 1-3 trips per year to association conference(s)/events.
- Candidate will remain stationary for long periods of time, move around frequently on-site at events and, on occasion, move conference materials and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Provide timely and professional customer service by effectively handling phone, email and in-person inquiries from members on all matters related to dues, registrations, invoices, product orders and donations.
- Process all cash receipts and A/R for NAPEO, including membership dues; event registrations; sponsorship, exhibit, and ad sales; PAC donations; and publication orders.
- Manage batch processing, remote deposit of checks, as well as merchant account for credit card processing. Ensure timely processing of payments and credits/refunds.
- Oversee the financial aspects of MemberSuite, NAPEO’s association management system. Ensure proper accounting set-up of all products sold by NAPEO. Generate requested financial reports from MemberSuite, as requested. Train NAPEO staff on use of financial module within NAPEO, as needed.
- Ensure NAPEO’s ecommerce forms on portal/website are functioning properly and facilitating the proper sale and accounting of dues, event registrations, product orders and the like.
- Manage the registration process for all events including console/portal set up, pre-registration, generation of reports and other outputs (including badges, rosters and tickets), oversight and implementation of onsite registration process, and post-event close-out/reconciliation.
- Manage accounts receivable, including timely distribution of invoices and statements, as well as follow up on delinquent accounts and write-offs, as needed.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing process for NAPEO and NAPEO PAC. Work closely with NAPEO’s outsourced accountant to ensure proper accounting of all NAPEO income and receivables.
- Provide requested schedules and other support during NAPEO’s annual audit.
- Support development of annual operating budget.
- Ensure proper compliance with NAPEO’s internal controls and accounting practices/policies.
- Maintain full knowledge of current Association programs, services, publications, and membership benefits and dues structure.
- Support the overall goals and objectives of the Association through additional responsibilities.
- Be aware of, understand and follow the Association’s policies and procedures.
The above responsibilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties of the position described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Melissa Viscovich
, chief operating officer.