Position Description: The Director of Leadership Councils & Education will support NAPEO’s strategic plan by facilitating the delivery of education & networking events for the PEO industry. The position will be the staff liaison for NAPEO’s Leadership Councils (state or regional councils for members doing business in the area to network get involved in state government affairs initiatives) and is the lead on Leadership Council Forums (LCFs), meetings of these local area councils.
Position Requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid customer service philosophy and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines. Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others within the organization. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with association membership database and reports. Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years’ of meeting planning experience (in an association setting preferred). Experience in association chapter/component management a plus.
Guideline of Position Responsibilities:
Site Selection & Contract Negotiation
- Oversee site selection process for LCFs and any other pop-up meetings, special events, or seminars that may arise.
- Negotiate these hotel contracts and review with Senior Director of Meetings & Conference Services and final review with General Counsel. With Senior Director of Meetings & Conference Services approval, recommend hotel contracts for President/CEO signature and brief President/CEO on key details and financial liabilities associated with all contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current hotel contract and negotiation trends. Maintain network of national hotel and regional sales contacts.
- Maintain awareness of all NAPEO and related industry events to minimize scheduling conflicts and avoid overlapping educational agendas/programming content.
- Prepare meeting resumes for LCFs and other meetings, special events, or seminars including, but not limited to food and beverage selection, guarantees, audiovisual requirements and room set-ups. Employ most effective methodology for containing costs and managing budgets while delivering quality member/guest experiences.
- Input all LCFs and other special events into association database and run reports as necessary for these meetings from the database. Also maintain a working knowledge of all meeting functions in association database.
- Maintain and update the leadership council forum page of the NAPEO website, and assist with other conference pages, as needed.
- Staff conference registration desk at NAPEO’s larger conferences. Answer registration and membership inquiries as necessary. Meet needs of participants with the highest level of customer service. Meet and establish business relations with as many participants as possible.
- Plan and implement marketing and promotion for LCFs, webinars and other meetings, special events, or seminars that are geared to target audiences and maximize content, form, and function. Execute most efficient, cost-effective, and high impact meeting promotions using NAPEO publications, Web site, direct mail, and email capabilities.
- Work with government affairs department and leadership council chairs to build LCF agendas.
- Invite all speakers to include PEO industry and/or legislative speakers to speak at leadership council forums.
- Send speaker confirmations, reminders, and RSVPs for travel and audiovisual needs, as needed for LCFs. As appropriate, make travel arrangements for speakers within budget allowances.
- Perform post-event follow-up with speakers, including thank you notes, evaluation summaries, expense reimbursements, and speaker gifts, as necessary.
- With assistance of Government Affairs Administrative Assistant, compile and format materials for LCFs. Work with speakers and fellow staff to ensure papers are collected, screened and formatted on deadline. Coordinate production and shipment of course materials and registration supplies for LCFs.
Leadership Council Coordination
- Be the primary staff contact for all Leadership Council Chairs within the association.
- Plan quarterly calls with all Leadership Council Chairs to include agenda preparation, working the rest of the association staff on their areas of expertise, sending out call-information, reminders, and follow-up.
- Maintain and update the individual leadership council pages of the NAPEO website.
Webinar Services/Conference Calls
- Coordinate all logistics, marketing, follow-up, and anything else that may come up for all NAPEO webinars.
- Lead webinars and take care of housekeeping and administrative support during webinars.
- Be the key contact for the NAPEO webinar service provider and be able to train other NAPEO staff on the service.
- Maintain the relationship with the webinar/conference calling vendor, periodically checking to ensure we have the best services.
- Maintain all conference call numbers for the association and ensure all staff have the current information.
- Train staff, as needed, on all the services provided.
- Oversee development and tracking of budgets related to LCFs, webinars, and any other meetings, special events, or seminars position is working on.
- Maintain full knowledge of current Association programs, services, publications, and membership benefits and dues structure.
- Educate members of NAPEO staff on meetings promotions and services.
- Identify and maintain favorable working relationships with Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Leadership Council chairs, committee chairs, staff and service providers.
- Provide staff support at NAPEO functions and with NAPEO activities, as appropriate, and as requested by the senior management team.
- Be aware of, understand and follow the Association’s policies and procedures.
About NAPEO: NAPEO provides educational services, business resources and government affairs for the growing professional employer organization (PEO) industry. Our membership includes more than 250 PEO companies, as well as 250 associate (vendor/service partner) member companies. NAPEO provides a comprehensive suite of benefits for full time employees including health, dental, vision, 401k, flex spending, generous PTO, free parking, and more. EOE.
The above responsibilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties of the position described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Robin Schlesinger, senior director, meetings & conference services.